Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to 365 stitch a long

I am so blessed in having such a diverse group of friends. Your comments and feedback are like a nice hot cup of tea. Soothing and comforting to the soul. I have been told I am out of my mind and completely lost it if I think one dear friend is going to pick up a hand needle. For those of you that a hand needle is not an option, you can use the decorative stitches on your sewing machine. For those of you without a sewing machine, these pieces can be sew by hand using small stitches. For hand piecing, I like to use a quilt thread that is just a little stronger.than regular thread. Start one stitch in f rom the end and take a stitch back to the edge so your knots are not all on the edge of your piece. This also makes your seam stronger. I also backstitch one stitch to end my piecing. Sew the seams together with a 1/4" seam allowance. Press seams open for easier stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrens

Wrens
Flew the coup