Tuesday, January 18, 2011

365 Stitch-A-Long - day 12-sheaf stitch


Good Morning. It is so rainy and gloomy here that I have to turn lights on to see in my home. Hope the sun is shining brightly in your world.

Today's stitch is a group of straight stitches. It may have a fancy name but I think of it as bundles of wheat. The easiest way for me to stitch this group neatly is to make the center stitches first along the seam line. Mine are 1/4" long with a 1/4" space in between. I then go back and use this stitch as my marker for the "wheat" stitches. Start at the left upper corner 1/4" from the top of the center stitch and cross over to the lower right hand corner. Bring the needle out at the upper right hand corner and angle down to the lower left hand corner. Place the center cross over stitch last. Run the needle under the center stitch each time.

Remember you can click on the picture to make it bigger.

Keep stitching,
Janice

365stitches@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrens

Wrens
Flew the coup