Thursday, January 6, 2011

365 Stitch-A-Long - day 4-cross stitch



Today's stitch is the cross stitch. This is one of the most versatile stitches and I personally use it in multiply ways. From counted cross stitch to stamped cross stitch to an embroidery stitch. This is a peak at a stamped cross stitch project that I have drug around the country and overseas. It was my staple in cars, planes, airports and hotel rooms. I have trouble sitting still anywhere, so I always have some busy work to keep me calm. I really enjoyed this project since there is no thinking if your are tired or chatting with friends. I am in the process of hand quilting it. Something I never thought I would do but am loving it. As chilly as this winter has been, I keep pulling it up in my lap to stay warm and do a few stitches.

The cross stitch is actually easier to stitch on even weave fabric. To help get your stitching even, you can mark the fabric with a wash away fabric marker and ruler. I don't mind if mine is not perfect, I like the charm of the hand sewn look. Make a row of slashes on angle working your way to one end. Turn and come back the other way, crossing your X.

Keep stitching,
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrens

Wrens
Flew the coup